Is there anyone that wants to buy one of the Con Kasterborous convention shirts? We sold out at the Con, but Aardvark Screenprinting has been kind enough to print some more for us. We can take orders and mail them to you. They will be $10 for all sizes from Small up to 5XL. Shirt colors are gray and black.
You can pay through Paypal or mail a check or money order to us. We will need you to email me your size and address. We’ll get it to you after I receive your payment and the shirts are made. We will only be taking orders for a few days…So, let us know..:)
Email addy is::: ThisOldTardis@aol.com
P.O. Box 1035
Madison, AL. 35758
Want to enter the Cosplay Contest? It’ll be held in the Main room on Saturday, June 9th from 1:00-3:00PM. All attendees are welcome to enter – no matter what costume you may have. All that is required is the cosplay contest form which you can fill out on the day of the con, along with a reference photo of the person you are costuming of. You may either print out a picture of the character you’re suppose to be, or have a pic handy via your mobile device. Skits are welcome as well if you wish to perform, but if there is a line, please by all means be respectful and keep it short.
Awards will be given out from 6:30-7:30PM in the main room. You must be present to win to claim your prize!
Below you’ll find a list of events and panels that will take place Saturday thru Sunday along with the times and which rooms they’ll be in!
Dealers Room – 10:30am to 7pm | Gaming Room – 9am to Midnight
- Social Hour (8:30am) – This is a chance for you to meet and mingle with our guests and staff (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Opening Ceremonies (10am) – We’ll kick the festivities off right with an introduction to everyone and everything going on! (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (Or the science behind Doctor Who) (10:30am to 12pm) – Stephanie Osborne will lead us through the science of space/time travel. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Doctor Who Fandom (10:30am to 12pm)- The lovely Lady Soliloque will show us all the wonders of writing in the Doctor Who/Torchwood fandom. Plus she’ll show how she comes up with her groovy fan videos! (Library)
- Comic Who (12pm to 1pm) – Kelly Yates will discuss penciling for Doctor Who comics and other fun artistic stuff. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- So You Want to Build A Dalek? (12:30pm to 2pm)- Wayne will give a demonstration of how Dalek Braun was built, plus all the really cool other stuff that he and his gang build. (Library)
- Cosplay Contest (1pm to 3pm)- Think you’ve got what it takes to be crowned best cosplayer?! Enter out contest and find out! (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Torchwood (1:30pm to 2:30pm) – Go inside the Torchwood universe and learn all about the spinoff of Doctor Who (Library)
- Rewriting History (2:30pm to 3:30pm) – We all know the Doctor has been involved in some of the greatest historic events ever, but what about the ones he isn’t known to have influenced? Think you could rewrite history and add the Doctor in? Then give this writing panel a shot. (Library)
- Old School Who (3:30pm to 5pm)- Michael Wolff will educate us all on the finer points of the Classic Doctor. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Time Lord Swap Meet (4pm to 5pm)- Looking for an item to finish your collection? Got some cool swag you want to get rid of? Come on into the swap meet, bring your geeky stuff, and trade with other con goers. (Library)
- How to Cosplay (5pm to 6:30pm)- Are you interested in Doctor Who Cosplay? This is the panel for you. (Library)
- Awards Ceremony/ Evening Greeting (7:00pm to 8pm)- We will hand out the awards for best cosplay and have a brief greeting for everyone who couldn’t make opening ceremonies. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Doctor Who Viewing (7pm to Midnight) – Watch your favorite episodes – classic and new – here! (Library)
- Gallifreyan Ball (9:00pm to Midnight) – Make sure you dust off your dancing shoes and get ready to groove. We’ll be shaking our groove things to some groovy music. (Heart of the TARDIS)
Dealers Room – 10am to 4pm | Gaming Room – 9am to 4pm
- Comic Who (9am to 10am) – Kelly Yates will discuss penciling for Doctor Who comics and other fun artistic stuff. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Doctor Who Fandom (9am to 11:30am)- The lovely Lady Soliloque will show us all the wonders of writing in the Doctor Who/Torchwood fandom. Plus she’ll show how she comes up with her groovy fan videos! (Library)
- Old School Who (10:30am to 12pm) – Michael Wolff will educate us all on the finer points of the Classic Doctor. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Torchwood (11:30am to 12:30pm) – Go inside the Torchwood universe and learn all about the spinoff of Doctor Who (Library)
- Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (Or the science behind Doctor Who) (12pm to 2pm) – Stephanie Osborne will lead us through the science of space/time travel. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Tea Party (12pm to 1pm) – Fancy a spot of tea? Join us poolside for a lovely time to drink tea and chat. (Pool)
- Guest Q & A (2pm to 3pm) – Have a burning question you want to ask our guests? Then this is the place to do it. (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Trivia Contest (1pm to 3pm) – Dust off your thinking caps and try your hand at some Doctor Who Trivia. How well do you know our Time Lord?! (Library)
- Chat with the Con Chairs (3:30pm) – Want to know how we put this con together, or just general questions for the con staff? Come join us and ask away! (Heart of the TARDIS)
- Closing Ceremonies (4pm)- Sadly, all good things must come to an end … (Heart of the TARDIS)
NOTE: ALL PANELS AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Post update (change of fan group).
Even though this is a Doctor Who Con we welcome all Sci-fi fans to come join us. Looks like the Tennessee Ghostbusters are jumping on board!
Who ya gonna call?!?
Even the 10th Doctor is a fan of Ghostbusters, so what better group to invite then the Tennessee Ghostbusters! They are a growing group of fans located in all over Tennessee celebrating Ghostbuster fandom who work together to do fandom events, ranging from charity events to conventions…not to mention catching the random spook, spectre or ghost! No Cybermen invasion will be happening on their watch.
If you need to educate yourself on Classic Who, or you are a long time follower of the Doctor in his previous incarnations, then we have a guest speaker just for that!
Michael Wolff (our Classic Who speaker)
Beginning in the 1980’s, Michael Wolff has been freelancing for various publications, beginning with writing and editing for Comics Informer magazine. The majority of his work has appeared as book reviews and articles for Starlog. He entered the comics writing market with the script for the first issue of Comico’s Elementals and a handful of stories for DC’s Action Comics. Since then he wrote Supercar for Misc!MAYHEM, as well as collaborating with Steve Addlesee on the continuing comic book story “Fawn”, which ran in New Horizons by Shanda Fantasy Arts. He continues to write articles and reviews on films and the science-fiction scene, as well as online fiction for both the Yahoo Tom Swift and Supercar groups.
He currently lives in South Carolina.
Craving some Popcorn? We have a dealer for that !
We are a Gourmet Popcorn business that is here to put a smile on your face and on your taste buds! We sell popcorn in individual bags or in gift tins! You can even cutomize your gift tin by mixing and matching flavors! Come in and try some unique flavors and maybe even grab some to go! We even do special orders and for the big crowds we have party bags!! Come in to What’s Popp’N and we will expand your definition of popcorn!
Another new dealer – and it’s a big one!
FYE is a huge corporation that mostly deals with music/movies, but they also carry lots of pop-culture items. Their Huntsville store will be at our Con and will offer a ton of Who swag!
As of this Friday night, March 30th our Registration options will change. We are having problems with Regonline that was serving as our registration page. IF you need to use your credit card,you will need to do it before then..After we close Regonline, To register, You will have to use Paypal.com,or mail a Check or Money Order to our mailing address…
We apologize if this a causes any inconvenience for you..If you have any questions,Please email me us at ThisOldTardis@aol.com……
Our dealers room is getting close to being packed, here’s one more vendor that we’re excited to announce – Zero Gravity!
Zero Gravity is known for being a multifaceted Rock ‘n Roll company that has something for everyone, including sci-fi/fantasy collectibles and horror, cult classic figures! We have three locations – Decatur, Huntsville, and Cullman. Check us out, Whovians!
Visit their Facebook Page
We’re very proud to announce our next major guest in our lineup, novelist Stephanie Osborn! Her details are below!
Stephanie Osborn – Visit Stephanie Osborn’s official website!
Stephanie Osborn is a former payload flight controller, a veteran of over twenty years of working in the civilian space program, as well as various military space defense programs. She has worked on numerous Space Shuttle flights and the International Space Station, and counts the training of astronauts on her resumé. Of those astronauts she trained, one was Kalpana Chawla, a member of the crew lost in the Columbia disaster.
She holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in four sciences: Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and she is “fluent” in several more, including Geology and Anatomy. She obtained her various degrees from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN and Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
Stephanie is currently retired from space work. She now happily “passes it forward, ” teaching math and science via numerous media including radio, podcasting, and public speaking, as well as working with SIGMA, the science fiction think tank, while writing science fiction mysteries based on her knowledge, experience, and travels.
Her works include:
Books in the Point series, with Travis S. Taylor:
- Extraction Point!
- Conquest Point
- Breaking Point
- End Point
Books in the Burnout series:
- Burnout, soon to become a major motion picture!
- Escape Velocity
Books in the Displaced Detective Series:
- The Case of the Displaced Detective: The Arrival
- The Case of the Displaced Detective: At Speed
- The Case of the Cosmological Killer: The Rendlesham Incident
- The Case of the Cosmological Killer: Endings and Beginnings
- A Case of Spontaneous Combustion
- A Little Matter of Earthquakes
- The Adventure of Shining Mountain Lodge
- and more!
Books in the Cresperian Saga (Osborn, Taylor, Darrell Bain):
Anthologies & Contributions:
- Dreams of Steam
- How I Wrote My First Book: The Story Behind The Story
- Southern Fried Weirdness: Reconstruction, a charity anthology
- Alien Invasion: How To Defend Earth (nonfiction)
Perhaps you may want to pick up other sci-fi items – this booth may just have what you’re looking for!
We are dedicated to sci-fi and the geeks who love the genre. Whether you’re browsing for collectibles or trying to find the perfect gift for a cerebral loved one, we stock the finest geek-centric wares in the quadrant.
Visit their official site
Can never have enough Doctor Who merch!
All the way from Fayetteville, Arkansas, Realms Anime carries a wide assortment of goodies – toy plushes, hats, anime characters, pillows and more! They’ll even have stock of cool Doctor Who merchandise!
Visit their facebook page
What hidden goodies can be found in a TARDIS box? Who knows, but sadly they wont be “dimensionally transcendental”
Gaijin USA, Inc
Gaijin USA, Inc is a convention based Anime Company. We are currently known for selling our popular STAR BOXES at over 30 Anime Conventions a year. Can’t find a certain Anime or Asian Popculture item? Contact us. We have contacts all over the world that search out items that our clients need.
Visit their facebook page
New dealer announcement – we’d like to welcome Contented Comfort! Look for their unique products and check out their new line of Doctor Who based items!
What do you think of when you think about being content and comfortable? I think of curling up with a good book under a comfy blanket, or relaxing in a hot bath with luxurious soaks and soaps. This is exactly what you will find here at Contented Comfort. I carry handmade goat milk soaps, soaks, homey French knit and crocheted items, and books you won’t find anywhere else but directly from my publisher.
Visit their official site
“I’m the Doctor, by the way, what’s your name?” Nice to meet you – now run for yer life!”
That’s right, run – run on down to Con Kasterborous, North Alabama’s first Doctor Who convention which takes place June 9th and 10th at the Holiday Inn next to Madison Square Mall in Huntsville. While you missed out on our pre-registration prices, we’d like to inform you of the “At-the Door” prices on the days of the event. Here’s the breakdown below. We really look forward to meeting you out there! Until then, Allon-sy!
2 Day Pass (Saturday & Sunday) - $35
Saturday Pass - $20
Sunday Pass – $15
NOTE: Children 6 & under are free.
Behold, our logo for Con Kasterborous! We can’t wait to get our shirts and program booklets printed with this beauty! We have Jaime Hitchcock of Smit’s Stuff to thank for this wonderful image!
The Con Kasterborous staff wishes all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Kelly Yates worked as a penciller and inker on the Tenth Doctor’s run for IDW’s Doctor Who Comic Book. He provided pencils for issues 4 and 6 of The Forgotten, and inked the last issue. He drew and inked Ground Control and pencilled Autopia, for which he also co-created the cover. However, the “purest” example of his cover skills can be found on the 2010 IDW annual, for which he was solely responsible. Yates currently works freelancing on a wide range of projects.
Visit Kelly Yates’ official website at http://www.kellyyatesart.com!
There are many, many places to eat in town, we have it all. Below are just a few places close by to the event location that you may be interested in. There are plenty more choices on this list, best thing to do is hit up Google Maps for them all, or just drive and browse. Please note that in this economy, it’s very possible that a restaurant may close or change during the time this was written and the time of the Con.
- Hopper’s Bar & Grill – Located inside the Holiday Inn.
- Lone Star Steakhouse – right next to the Holiday Inn, in walking distance (See Map)
- Steak N’ Shake – Located a couple buildings down from the Holiday Inn, in walking distance (See Map)
- Macaroni Grill – Located a couple buildings down from the Holiday Inn, in walking distance (See Map)
- Krystal – Located across Old Monrovia Rd, in walking distance (See Map)
- Taco Bell – Located across Old Monrovia Rd, in walking distance (See Map)
- Chick-fil-A – Located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Subway – Located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Steak Escape – Located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Sbarro’s Pizza – Located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Chinese/Japanese Oriental Food – Both located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Bar & Grill – Located inside Madison Sq. Mall within walking distance (See Map)
- Captain D’s – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- TGI Friday’s – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Newk’s Express Cafe – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- CiCi’s Pizza – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Waffle House – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Cheddar’s Casual Cafe – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Phil Sandoval’s Mexican Restaurant – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- IHOP – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Rosie’s Mexican Cantina – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Logan’s Road House – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- O’ Charley’s – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Toyko Japanese Steak House – Located off of Wayne Road, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Burger King – Located off of University, NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- McDonald’s – Located off of University in front of Walmart – NOT in walking distance (See Map)
- Wendy’s – Located off of University in front of Walmart – NOT in walking distance (See Map)
The great thing about the Holiday Inn where our con is taking place is that the rooms are all together, thus there is really no way you can get lost and you can jump from one activity/room to the next! When you enter the hotel, there will be signs pointing you to where you need to go. It’s as simple as walking down the hall and you’ll see our registration tables. If you pre-registered online, simply give the table your info and you’ll be good to go. Otherwise you can register on the spot. As you can see, the rooms are all Doctor Who related:
- Heart of the TARDIS (Main Room) – Here the opening/closing ceremonies will take place as well as where you can find the full sized TARDIS.
- Wardrobe (Dealers Room) – Where you can purchase a ton of cool swag!
- Corridors (Hall) – You’ll see the Artist Alley folks here, as well as the connection point to go from one room to another.
- Library (Panel / Viewing Room) – “Donna Noble has left the library.” Panels will be held in this room, as well as Doctor Who viewings at night
- Console Room (Gaming) – For those that have to get their geek on and to play video games!
- Pool – Pretty awesome, an indoor and outdoor pool connected. Just make sure it doesn’t end up in the library!
- Women’s / Men’s Restroom – When you gotta go, you gotta go!
Care to help advertise and put out a word about our con? How kind of you! Here are two flyers that you can use to put up, whether it’s at your work, school, comic book shop or local convention! Two versions are available depending on which one your printer can handle!
NOTE: White version is printer-friendly. Just select Black/White in your printer options.
Artist Alley Registration
Artists, want to display, promote and sell their works? For $15 a table, you can pick one up! 10 spots are available and it’s on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We are looking for dealers who specialize in Doctor Who/ Sci Fi merchandise. If you are interested in being a dealer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a limit of 3 tables per dealer. Space is limited so if you are interested please contact us as soon as possible. Please do not click buy now on the registration page until you contact us.
Dealers are limited up to 3 tables, with $60 for one table (so for 3 it would be $180).
(There will be NO registration refunds.)
Check out our registration page here
Con Kasterborous wishes to offer our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Ryan Jones. Ryan was a top notch cosplayer, and an incredibly talented musician, but more importantly he was a top notch human being. His passing leaves an empty spot in the hearts of all Whovians. He left us way too early, but in his short years he managed to touch many lives.
Rest in peace, Ryan – you shall be missed.
If you ever take part in any Doctor Who community, then chances are you have heard or seen the works of one Lady Soliloque (‘Lady S’ for short). She is an extremely talented artist, skilled in video making, writing, illustrating and much, much more! We are very proud to have her as our first ‘fan guest’ for Con Kasterborous. Check out her bio below:
I’m a genuine Southern Lady, born and bred. In the mundane world I have a fantastic husband (my Mr. Master), three wonderful children, and dog who thinks she’s a cat. In the WhoVerse, when I’m not at conventions, I spend the majority of my time making Fan Videos, Writing, Illustrating, and helping Craig to manage the Who fan pages on the FaceyBook.
My website addy is: www.ladysoliloque.net and there you can find links to my Youtube channel, my FaceyBook pages, my published written works, and my Deviant Art gallery.